.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Guy's Blog

Just one Guy's personal blog of thoughts & sense--common, non, and otherwise--of the world in which we live.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nipomo, Central Coast, California, United States

I also blog over at Nipomo News, Messenger and Advocate and Bloggernacle Times

Friday, September 17, 2004

Fortunate Son

Yeah....that one. No one can seriously believe we need documents written on 1970's typewriters to confirm the obvious--"w" was, is, and forever will be a fortunate son. It's not just choices about Vietnam--it's a pattern from his earliest days, where he was able to attend and graduate from a prestigious (?) Ivy League university, with an mediocre 2.35 grade point average see also here. If he were George W. Shrub, it is unlikely he would have attended let alone graduated from Yale. Then of course, there are the failed business ventures after his illustrious educational career. Were it not for Poppy, a legitimate war hero, (and much better President) who knows were "w' might be (probably not where he is).

In any event, I think it timely to reflect on and ponder the lyrics to that great, and dare I say "prophetic" 60's song Fortunate Son (my thanks in advance and retrospect to John C. Fogerty and CC&R):

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,
ooh, they're red, white and blue.
And when the band plays "Hail To The Chief", ( John, how could you have known?)
oh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no senator's son,
It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.
But when the taxman come to the door,
Lord, the house look a like a rummage sale, yes,

It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no millionaire's son.
It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Yeh, some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
And when you ask them, how much should we give,
oh, they only answer, more, more, more, yoh,

It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no military son,
It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no fortunate one,

It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no fortunate son, no no no
Stay tuned . . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home